The following information is designed to improve traffic flow for our students and parents and community members. Please read these guidelines carefully. If you have questions, we encourage you to call the school. Everyone is responsible for following the new guidelines.
Drivers who wish to enter the Foothills Middle School parking lot (AM only) must enter via the East driveway (at Second Avenue)
- Eastbound, northbound and westbound traffic will be permitted to enter the parking lot
- Exiting traffic must make a left turn only out of the parking lot onto Oakhaven Avenue
- Please do not use Oakhaven Ave as a drop off or pick up location at any time.
- Pedestrians crossing Sycamore Avenue must use the East crosswalk at the intersection of Sycamore Avenue and Second Avenue.
- Pedestrians crossing Oakhaven Avenue must use the crosswalk at the corner of Sycamore and Oakhaven Avenue.
- Bicycle riders must walk their bikes on the sidewalk of Sycamore Avenue. Helmets are required by law for all bicycle riders under 18 years of age. Bikers must be parked and locked in the bike compound located at the East end of the school, between the Day Care Unit and the East wing.
CHILD DROP OFF AND PICK UP
Your child should not arrive on campus before 8:00am, unless they attend a “0” period class. Upon arrival students are to proceed to the covered lunch area or designated areas in our interim campus where supervision is provided.
MORNING DROP OFF
- When pulling into the front parking lot, please pull your car as far FORWARD as possible before unloading students
- Please watch for pedestrians crossing in the parking lot crosswalk
- NEVER park in the no parking zones
- Do not drop off student on Oakhaven
AFTERNOON PICK UP
- Dismissal time is at 2:45 pm on regular days and 1:55 pm on early release days
- The school’s front parking lot is CLOSED to through traffic after school
- Please do not park or stop your vehicle adjacent to any red curbs. Please be mindful of posted signs specifying parking regulations.
- Do not pick up and drop off students on Oakhaven
- Students should be picked up no later than 3:00 pm each day, unless an activity or class requires them to stay later
- There is NO school supervision after 3:00 pm each day
Drop Off Map
School Zone Traffic Laws